What is a Highland Slate Shingle? It has the look along with the texture of a real slate roof tile. The dark shadow lines increase it’s aesthetic beauty and the special 4-across tab creates perfect tones using Precision Color technology. But this high quality shingle not only provides style and curb appeal, when installed properly, it delivers perfection.
- These shingles are tested and proven on homes where winds can reach up to 110 mph, and CertainTeed (the manufacture) provides a full wind-resistance warranty
- Highland Slate Shingles are created with a natural slate pattern that highlights the style of your home and bring curb appeal to your roof while offering ultimate protection.
- The Highland Slate shingle comes in 6 color varieties, 4 of which offer an optional Class 4 protection upgrade. This upgrade delivers extra protection to your roof for extra harsh weather like that found in Park City and Salt Lake.
- This shingle provides old-world class and beauty, and protection from the elements, while also giving you a manufacture lifetime, limited, transferable warranty.
- Single layer fiber glass-based construction
- Blended shades and dimensional appearance of natural slate
- 8″ exposure, 18″ x 36″ size, 240 lbs per square
- UL Certified to meet ASTM D3018, Type 1
- UL 790 Class A Fire Resistance
- ASTM E 108 Class A Fire Resistance
- UL 2390/ASTM D 6381 Class H Wind Resistance
- ASTM D3161, Class F 110 mph Wind Resistance
Your Highland Slate warranty is strong on its own. But, you also get the added confidence of SureStart™ protection. That simply means if any problem due to a manufacturing defect occurs during the SureStart period, call us. Upon inspection, CertainTeed will cover labor and material replacement costs at 100%.
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on residential applications
- 50-year limited transferable warranties against manufacturing defects on group owned or commercial applications
- 15-year StreakFighter™ algae-resistant warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ protection
- 15-year 110 mph wind-resistance warranty
- Wind warranty upgrade is available for up to 130 mph. Specified CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge are required.
- See actual warranty for specific details and limitations.