What are CertainTeed Landmark Solaris™ asphalt shingles? They are a specially designed shingle that is engineered to reflect heat away from your roof.
They use cool-roof technology, which is a brilliant breakthrough in the roofing industry. Landmark Solaris™ shingles are designed using advanced color granules that reduce the temperature of your roof by up to 20% during the summer months. This is accomplished by reflecting the sun’s rays, not only reducing the heat on your roof, but decreasing your cooling bills as well.
- CertainTeed’s Landmark Solaris™ partners advanced cool-roof technology with the beauty of a classic asphalt shingle roof. The result of this partnership is an ENERGY STAR® product that will last while adding beauty to your home.
- Due to it’s advanced reflective granules, Landmark Solaris™ asphalt shingles have a durability that outlasts traditional shingles. This durability is due to the lessening of “thermal shock” (expansion and contraction due to temperature change) on the shingles.
- The Cool Roof Rating Council has rated these shingles as sufficient for cool roofs, and Landmark Solaris™ meets California Title 24 requirements for cool, steep slope roofing.
- Green programs, such as LEED®, NAHB® may give credits or points for Landmark Solaris™ shingles.
- No matter what color you choose, every one meets ENERGY STAR® standards, whether those standards are for solar reflectivity or thermal emittance.
- Two-piece laminated fiber glass-based construction
- 250 lbs. per square
- UL Class A fire resistance
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3462
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3018 Type I
- Conforms to CSA standard A123.5
- Meets California Title 24 requirements for reflectance and emittance
- Meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ warranty
- 15-year StreakFighter™ warranty against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae
- 15-year, 110 mph wind-resistance warranty
- Wind warranty upgrades available for Landmark Solaris up to 130 mph. Specified CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge required