What are CertainTeed Presidential Shake TL Shingles? Presidential TL Shakes are a triple layer asphalt shingle – one of the finest roofing materials in the industry. But although they contain the best modern technology, they retain the stylistic charm of classic cedar shake shingles. What does the TL stand for? TL stands for Triple Layer, the most resilient, thick and heaviest shingle in the roofing industry. Presidential Shakes provide better performance than old world cedar shake shingles at a fraction of the price.
- Three-piece laminated fiber glass construction
- 480 lbs. per square
- UL Class A fire resistance rating
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3462
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3018 Type I
- ASTM D3161, Class F, 110 mpl wind resistance
- Miami-Dade Product Control Acceptance
- Conforms to CSA standard A123.5
- Lifetime, limited transferable warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ warranty that covers 100% of replacement and labor costs due to manufacturing defects
- 15-year StreakFighter™ warranty against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae
- 15-year, 110 mph wind-resistance warranty
- Wind warranty upgrade is available up to 130 mph. Specified CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge are required.